Hello there! You seem to have stumbled upon my blog.
I’m Jacob Bogage, a staff writer with The Washington Post. This blog serves as an archive of my complete journalistic works. Really, it’s meant for me to keep track of everything I’ve ever had published ever (really), but I’m glad you’re here too.
Feel free to click around on the stories I’ve written dating all the way back to my high school years, take a peak at my resume and check out my running list of awards:
- First prize for sports writing in 2015 by the Missouri Press Association
- Honorable mention for sports writing in 2015 by the Missouri Press Association
- First prize for breaking news in 2015 by the Associated Press Sports Editors
- First prize for sports feature writing in 2015 by the Associated Press Media Editors
- Recoginition for sports game story in 2015 by the Associated Press Sports Editors
- First prize for business writing in 2015 by the Missouri Press Association
- First prize in feature writing in 2014 by the Missouri College Media Association
- Second prize for local government reporting in 2013 by the Maryland-Delaware-DC Press Foundation
- I was named the 2012 Maryland-Delaware-District of Columbia High School Journalist of the Year.
All the different categories down at the top of the page are the different publications I’ve written for.
You can find the rest of my resume here.
I’m constantly looking for suggestions and story ideas and I’d love it if you got in touch. You can find my contact information here.